1. I want replacement vinyl windows and saw window prices for any size window $229 installed ...Can you match that?...ANSWER
2. What difference does it make if a window manufacturer builds in the South or in the North?...ANSWER
3. Everyone seems to be telling me they have the best vinyl window made...How can I be sure I am getting the best performing window?...ANSWER
4. Why should I buy your vinyl window?...ANSWER
5. Why is it so important for me to have my vinyl windows installed by a company employed installer instead of a sub-contractor?...ANSWER
6. Why do I need Argon gas?...ANSWER
7. Do I need to remove bricks?...ANSWER
8. What kind of damage can I expect from the window replacement?...ANSWER
9. How do I need to prepare for the installation?...ANSWER
10. Do you guarantee 49% energy savings with the installation of the vinyl windows?...ANSWER
11. How does a reverse risk warranty work on my replacement vinyl windows?...ANSWER
12. Why should I consider buying from Lanham Window Company vs. a national company?...ANSWER
13. What colors are available?...ANSWER
14. Do you offer financing?...ANSWER
1. I want replacement vinyl windows and saw window prices for any size window $229 installed ...Can you match that?
1. No, not with the quality of window Lanham Window Company provides. If I can convince you that we have a better staff, offer a better product, and provide better service, would you believe me if I said we were the lowest priced, also? Quality and/or service must be sacrificed to be a low price leader. Do you really want to trade one cheap window for another? Your builder chose the low price leader to begin with ... your family deserves better this time. Our objective is to offer a window that will require no service call issues and perform at a high level. This objective cannot be met while offering a product reflecting a cheap price. When was the last time you were happy with your decision to go with the cheaper price? You may have even wished, or said, "I should have spent the extra money to get the better product." We promise that you will be proud of your decision to buy from Lanham Window many years down the road. Lanham Window Company prides itself on being competitively priced when compared to comparable windows. You cannot find a better performing window for less money. We guarantee it. (Back to Top)
2. What difference does it make if a window manufacturer builds in the South or in the North?
2. How well do you think the heaviest coat (bought in North Texas) would perform for you in sub-zero temperatures in Wisconsin? Don't expect a heavy Texas coat to keep you warm in Wisconsin. Buy your coat in Wisconsin if you want to stay warm in the cold climate. The issue we have to be concerned with here is the ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. The UV rays are what can break down the vinyl frame and must be addressed more aggressively in the South. You will find a greater amount of titanium dioxide within the vinyl frame that is manufactured in the south. The northern manufacturers need not be concerned since the UV rays are not as intense in the North. The titanium dioxide is the ingredient that will protect the color and integrity of the vinyl from the sun. Think of the clear coat that protects your automobile or the color on your nails. The clear coat hardens and protects the finished product. Choosing a window manufacturer in the south is one of the most important decisions to make.. (Back to Top)
3. Everyone seems to be telling me they have the best vinyl window made...How can I be sure I am getting the best performing window?
Visit our Who Really Has the Best Window page. You can also visit www.nfrc.org for a listing of every window you can purchase in Texas. (Back to Top)
4. Why should I buy your vinyl window?
Our uniformed installers are the main reason you would want Lanham Window Company over any other company. It all comes down to how well the window is installed. It does not matter that our window is the Most Efficient of 2014 (by the Energy Star program) if it is not installed properly it will not perform well at all. Lanham Window Company has been in business since 1974, and that is long enough to back up the warranties we offer. (Back to Top)
5. Why is it so important for me to have my vinyl windows installed by a company employed installer instead of a sub-contractor?
The use of the sub-contractor could possibly be the root of our industry's problems. A sub-contractor is paid by what and how much he gets done. The more and faster he completes each job - the more money he gets to put into his pocket. The finished product will almost always look better when it is completed with love and care. You have to think about the service issues as well. If you ever have to call us for a service issue, we schedule it during THAT phone call. We don't have to tell you we will call you back after we try to locate the sub-contractor who did your job. That is because our installers are actually employed by us. They are uniformed, clean cut, and have been background checked. (Back to Top)
6. Why do I need Argon gas?
An improvement that can be made to the thermal performance of insulating glazing units is to reduce the conductance of the air space between the layers. Originally, the space was filled with air or flushed with dry nitrogen just prior to sealing. In a sealed insulating glass unit, air currents between the two panes of glazing carry heat to the top of the unit and settle into cold pools at the bottom. Filling the space with a less conductive, more viscous, or slow-moving gas minimizes the convection currents within the space, conduction through the gas is reduced, and the overall transfer of heat between the inside and outside is reduced. (Back to Top)
7. Do I need to remove bricks?
No. There is a great deal of expertise and experience required to install a vinyl frame window, but the removal of bricks is never necessary. (Back to Top)
8. What kind of damage can I expect from the window replacement?
Since our installers are paid by the hour, they do take care of your home while working there. Our installers do protect the floors with drop cloths. They carry their own brooms and vacuum cleaners. We take every step necessary to insure proper care of your investment. Remember, Lanham Window Company is responsible for any damage we cause. (Back to Top)
9. How do I need to prepare for the vinyl window installation?
You simply need to open the door for the installer when he arrives. The installer will take care of the rest. Our employed installers will handle the furniture, drapes, and blinds. (Back to Top)
10. Do you guarantee 49% energy savings with the installation of the vinyl windows?
This would be impossible to legitimately accomplish. There are several factors to consider before making an expected energy savings claim:
- What type of window do you presently have?
- What is the performance rating of the new window?
- How many people live in the home?
- How much of your electric bill is dedicated to heating and cooling?
- What temperature do you keep the interior vs. the outside temperature?
- How old is your HVAC system?
- How many seers is your HVAC system?
- What condition is your attic and wall insulation?
You must know the answer to all of the above questions before you can make such a sensational claim. Based on our experience, and information taken from electric service providers, most families can expect to save around 20-30% on their heating and cooling costs. We do have some customers who have had their entire electric bill cut in half, but they also had the absolute worst windows replaced with the best. This is the exception and not the rule. (Back to Top)
11. How does a reverse risk warranty work on my replacement vinyl windows?
You may have heard claims from others having the strongest warranty in the business, but you can decide if we have now taken it to another level. We feel we are installing a window built so perfect, that we will pay you for your inconvenience ($100.00 cash) if we have to ever replace one of our windows. I want to know if you have ever heard of a better warranty. Our window is just as good as our warranty, and we have been in business long enough to back it up. Let us know if you are aware of a better warranty. (Back to Top)
12. Why should I consider buying from Lanham Window Company vs. a national company?
Lanham Window Company is a small family owned and operated company that serves the Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex. All decisions are made locally. We are not dependant on someone sitting in a corporate office in Ohio to make our decisions. It does not matter how well you do, or don't do, your job in another part of the country. What should matter is whether a company will stay in your neighborhood to take care of any potential issues. Example: Remember that Sears used to sell windows and doors on their showroom floors. They were flourishing in the D/FW market, but not so much in other parts of the country. The Chicago office decided they were not making money in home improvement nationally, therefore the plug was pulled in February 1992 - even in the D/FW market. If Sears can pull out of a flourishing market then so can anybody else ... unless you live here like Lanham Window Company. (Back to Top)
13. What colors are available?
Lanham Window Company offers three standard colors. The windows are built in white, almond (tan) or clay (taupe). These colors will be the same inside and out. You may even want to select a separate exterior color from the interior. Lanham Window Company can do any color you prefer at the exterior. (Back to Top)
14. Do you offer financing?
Lanham Window Company does offer financing to meet your family budget. We have low monthly payments to deferred interest with payment options. (Back to Top)